About Me

My photo
The name describes my demeanour and voice! I love narrowboating and that is why this blog is mainly about the boat and our interaction with it. I have been keeping a log for Sonflower ever since we bought her and moved onto her as our main residence. Some incidents in our boating life have been hilarious, some scary and some down right dangerous. I cannot tell what will come in the future but you can now share them! The crew are an 'ordinary' couple. The Best Mate and I.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Foam from the Bilge

Any idea what this foamy substance is?

It collapses to next to nothing as soon as it is touched.

5 comments:

Graham and Jill Findlay said...

If you check our blog (nbarmadillo.blogspot.com) for the 24th April you will see we found something that looks very similar growing? on a dead tree. If you get it identified let us know because we're still baffled.

eeyore said...

Your stuff looks more durable than mine. It really is like a mass of wet soap bubbles. What is making it is a real mystery!

R. Hawkins said...

Are you sure that you're not starting a brewery down there.

Unknown said...

Take a sample to the local environment peeps

MortimerBones said...

I can second cuprinol and you could bleach it too.